SO I finally got up the courage to follow up with detective bruce huntington’s sergeant (troy carr), and guess what? According to them the investigation was appropriate. that’s right. so if you get touched sexually at the doctors office/midwives clinic/hospital expect the following in your ‘professional’ investigation:
1. your accuser (or their employer) will be asked about what happened before you are, and will be believed
2. the detective will not ask any other professional agency or individual about the appropriateness of the reported behavior
3. the detective won’t ask how you were touched
4. the detective will make excuses for the accused (‘it was incidental’, ‘they were just being thorough’, ‘it was only a medical exam’)
5. the detective will not interview other people that were there
6. the detective will use his personal, sexual experiences with his wife as a basis for finding your complaint valid
Gee, I wonder why women don’t report their rapes.